Valid from: 19 November 2020
- Who decides how your data will be used?
Marble AR, Inc. is responsible for making decisions about how we use your personal information.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you can:
– email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– contact our data protection officer at email@example.com
- The data we collect about you and how we use it
– When you register for our services, you voluntarily provide us with personal data by providing it to us, e.g. when you register an account. We collect and use this information to authenticate you when you register an account and use the Services to ensure that you are authorized and able to receive the Services and to provide you with the correct version of the Services. This information includes the username within the platform that you choose to use within our services and the internal account identifiers that we associate with your account.
– We collect and use your device location information when you use our services (and if you enable background tracking while not actively using the services), including how you move and events that occur during use. Our services include a location-based platform whose central feature is to enable a user experience that is linked to the real-world location, so we need to know where you are to operate that platform for you and plan the location of resources within the app (for example, SPOT within MARBLE). We determine your location by using a variety of technologies, including GPS, the WLAN through which you access the services, and mobile/cell triangulation.
– We also use the above information to show sponsored locations located near you as part of your user experience within the Platform.
– We also use the above information to provide you with technical support and customer service.
– You also give us personal data if you subscribe to our publications, register for a live event, take part in a competition, advertising event, raffle or survey or communicate with us via us. Depending on which of these services you use, this may include your name, address, telephone number, country of residence, date of birth (if necessary to verify suitability), and e-mail address. We use this information to provide these services to you and to provide you with related customer support.
In addition, we have and base the use of your Personal Information as follows on legitimate interests:
– Use your IP address, browser type, operating system, website you visited before accessing our services, pages of our services you visited or features you used and the time you spent visiting those pages or features, links in our services you click on, device and advertising identifiers and actions they take during use, your app settings and preferences, and your purchases within the app to understand who uses our services and how our services are used.
– Use of your contact information, namely your e-mail address, to communicate with you and to provide you with technical support and customer care.
– Use your internal account identifier to associate user content with your account (such as local POIs) where you choose to provide this Marble through the Services.
– Use your email address and device information to provide you with updates and news about the services either within the platform or via email. You can unsubscribe at any time via your device or app settings.
– To provide social features within our platform that enable you to interact with other users, including storing your communications with those users, finding and being found by your friends, and sharing your user experiences and successes with your friends.
– To provide new or additional features for our services.
– To organize and conduct live events based on our platform or identified by our platform. Please note that if you participate in live events, your actions and achievements within the platform, your username within the platform and your avatar, and other components of your user profile will be visible to other event participants and the public (e.g., in at the event).
– To make legal or regulatory notices
We use your personal data for the following only with your consent:
– If you choose to enable background activity tracking on our services (for example, Marble notifications), we will collect your Personal Information while you are using the services and in the background if you have not opened the services on your device. This collection includes your device location). We use background activity tracking to provide you with certain features of our services, such as vouchers within the app and bonuses linked to your fitness activity level and notices of platform events near you. You can change your mind and disable background activity tracking in your device or app settings at any time.
– Send marketing materials via email or app notifications. You can unsubscribe from these emails and app messages in your device or app settings at any time.
Extra information regarding Marble’s use of Apple’s TrueDepth API on iOS devices
- With whom we share data
We do not share any Personal Information we have collected from you or about you with others except as described below:
– Run, operate and maintain our mobile games through third-party platforms and software tools;
– Moderation and crash analytics;
– Conduct email and mobile marketing campaigns;
– Perform game and marketing analytics;
– Manage live events, contests, sweepstakes and promotional events, including user registration, registration and attendance management, eligibility verification and pricing;
– providing technical support and customer care;
– Processing of payments for live event ticket sales or other purchases.
Data shared with third parties. We share anonymous data with third parties for industry and market analysis. If you have given us your explicit consent, we may share personal information with third party publishers for direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information with other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Data passed on in connection with business transactions. Data that we collect from our users, including personal data, is part of our business assets. If our company is acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset deal, or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event of our cessation of business or insolvency, all or part of our assets, including your Personal Data, will be transferred or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- How your personal data is transmitted
When we transfer your Personal Information from the EEA to other countries, including the United States, we ensure that your Personal Information is afforded a similar level of protection as within the EEA by ensuring that at least one of the following guarantees is implemented:
– The country to which your Personal Data is transferred is a country which, in the opinion of the European Commission, provides an adequate level of protection for Personal Data, such as the EEA.
– Where we work with service providers in the United States, they are part of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shields, under which they are required to provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as they do within the EEA.
- How we secure your personal data
We have taken reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information from accidental loss, unlawful use or access, adaptation or disclosure. We also restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees, contractors and other third parties who need to know that information for business purposes. You will only process your Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and it will be subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have established procedures to deal with a suspected breach of Personal Data Protection and we will notify you and the appropriate regulatory authority of a breach if we are required to do so by law.
- How long will we store your personal data?
When we no longer need your Personal Information and when we no longer need to store it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will delete your information from our systems or make it anonymous so that it can no longer be associated with you. When we delete Personal Information, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible steps to delete that Personal Information irretrievably or irretrievably.
- Your rights and opportunities
You have certain rights with regard to your personal data. To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Request information about the personal data that we have about you.
– Delete or correct your personal data. The easiest way to update your account information is through your in-app settings. You can also submit a customer support request to us at email@example.com .
– Require us to cease using your Personal Information, including for marketing and promotional purposes (but remember that sometimes we need to use your Personal Information in order for you to use the Services).
– Have your Personal Information transferred to another company (where technically possible).
– Complain to a regulatory authority. We would be pleased if you would give us the opportunity to deal with your concerns directly, so we would prefer if you contact us first. However, if you are based in the EEA and believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you can complain to your local regulatory authority.
Under certain circumstances, the laws provide for exceptions to these rights. If you are unable to exercise any of these rights because of such an exception, we will explain why.
We provide you with opportunities to collect, use and share Personal Information and will respect the choices you make. Please note that if you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may not have access to all the features of the Services.
Our goal is to provide the data within 30 days or to fully respond to your request within this time.
- Third parties
Data shared with other users. When you perform certain actions in the Marble Prototype app, your username (or the username of your authorized child) will be publicly shared across the platform, including with other users, in connection with the arena location in the “Marble Spot”.